Halfway between the 'Beaufortain' and the 'Val d'Arly' valleys, two magnificent areas of Savoy, Les Saisies offers a spectacular setting with glorious views towards Mont Blanc. The 'Beaufortain' with its wonderful scenery is sometimes called 'The French Tyrol'.
Les Saisies itself is a charming French ski resort with wood-clad chalets and a bustling high street complete with a vast range of shops, bars, crêperies, grills and restaurants offering delicious Savoyard dishes.
With its 360-degree panorama that ranges from alpine meadows to snow-capped Mont Blanc in massive Beaufortain, Aravis, and close to the Chartreuse, Les Saisies offers great scenery and wonderful discoveries. The ski resort of Les Saisies is a set of typical Beaufortain villages, where visitors can enjoy its architecture and traditions.
Les Saisies has been known on the international level since the 1992 Winter Olympic Games at Albertville in the French Alps.
Why Les Saisies?
· Easily accessed by motorway from Albertville to the South and Megève to the North.
· The close proximity of Mont-Blanc not only provides superb views but also above average snow coverage.
· A large vibrant village with plenty of après-ski.
· Newly enlarged ‘Espace Diamant’ ski area.
· France’s top Olympic cross-country ski area.
Interested in buying an apartment in Les Saisies or Cohennoz/Crest Voland? See our Buying in the Alps section.